Friday 28 June 2019

Drikshit SS- Way back to you (Chapter 2)

Ps - Point of views are going to be in italics. 

Chapter 2

Drishti was working in the kitchen preparing Rakshit’s favourite dishes to impress him and show how involved she is with him to everyone in the family. Rakshit had been avoiding Drishti since the morning conversation and Drishti hoped the food could help his mood. She took slightly longer as she was in the kitchen after a really long time but still she was happy and content making food for him. Today, she felt like doing everything for him. Generally, she wouldn’t be the kind of person who would go cook for someone with so much love. She had always done it as a responsibility towards the family which had adopted her. 
It was dinner time and everyone gathered in the living room. Drishti served everyone with utmost care and they loved her food. Rakshit didn’t even show up for the dinner. She was highly disappointed. She hadn’t seen Rakshit around for long thus had kept her and his food differently. 

Drishti 
“My god! Nakhre toh dekho! Dinner pe bhi nai aaye. Saari mehnat waste.” 
“Idea!”
I bought a mini table from the store room and decorated it with food and then shifted it towards the recliner in order to make it a perfect dinner date. I quickly showered and changed into a saree hoping he would like it. I then bought some candles and put it near the table when I heard his footsteps. I quickly lit the candles, turned off the lights and closed the doors. 

Rakshit opened the door to darkness. He wondered where Drishti was if not here. He came in and saw the table set with food and candles around the table. He smiled. 
“Did Mrs Shergill do this for me?” He said out loud
“Aapke room mein arrangements kisi aur ke liye kaise ho sakte hai Mr Shergill?” 
“Aaj mujpe ye meherbani kyu?” He asked softly
“Puri evening baith ke aapke pasand ka khana banaya aur aap dinner pe bhi nai aaye.” She said calmly 
“Aur tumne aisa kyu kiya?” 
“Aapko nai pata? Aap toh khete hai ki aap samajte hai.” She came closer to him
“I’m hungry” he said slowly
She involuntarily went even more closer making him smirk.
“For food” he added
With a jerk, Drishti got back to herself.
“Haa haa set hi karke de rai thi” she tried to cover up 
“Already set hai” he smiled amusingly 
“Haa haa chaliye” 
“Hmm” 
Drishti hadn’t expected Rakshit to be so sweet. She thought he would still throw some tantrums. They smiled at each and had the food in silence. 
“It’s tasty. Thanks for the efforts!” Rakshit smiled 
“Anytime Mr. Shergill!” She replied 
“Ohhoo I forgot the dessert. I’ll be right back.” She left the room in a hurry

Rakshit 
I blushed looking at the room. It was such a romantic set up. Did she just do this to make my mood better or this was a step towards me? I think I’m overthinking this. She clearly told me she doesn’t like coming closer to me. That night when I kissed her, for me it was the most beautiful and valuable moment of my life.  But if she doesn’t feel that way I can’t help it. Atleast she is making efforts to keep our relationship alive. I’m just glad about that. Maybe she needs more time to understand our equation and I shall give it to her. 
I feel so happy today. I feel like our relationship got a way! I can’t wait to have dessert with my wife. 

Drishti entered the room with 2 bowls of gajar ka halwa. Clearly she couldn’t handle the saree and bowls together so Rakshit went to her and bought the bowls to the table and let her be comfortable. 
“Maa told me it’s your favourite once before marriage. I hope you like it.” Drishti smiled
“Who told you?” He almost felt like he misheard 
“Can’t I call your maa mine? If you’re not comfortable it’s fine. Sorry I should’ve....” she looked down 
“No no that’s not what I meant. I was just.... ummm... shocked. Technically she is your maa as well.” He smiled 
“I really appreciate you did all this to make everything good between us. I know we don’t live like husband and wife but of course we can live like atleast good roommates. I will also from now on try to control my temper. You don’t have to do anything which you aren’t comfortable with. I realised I crossed the line once, I misunderstood but it won’t happen again. We can start off again as friends right?” He added 
“Rakshit aisi baat nai hai. Mai vo.. friends? I mean... of course we can be friends but we are married you know. I mean... do you understand me?” She tried to reply getting worried about how he had taken things.
“Umm.. I think you’re confused. I’ll wait for your answer. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a married couple being friends. I told you what I feel. You’re free to tell me what’s on your mind whenever you’re clear. For now I’ll go change it’s been a long day. Thanks for the dinner, it made my day. You look pretty too, Drishti!” He said and went to the washroom to change

Drishti 
“Drishti? From Mrs Shergill to Drishti? What’s wrong with him? Friends? Is he crazy? It won’t happen again? Why? Roommates? Is he kidding me? Moreover he tells me that am not clear? How about him not understanding the whole set up? How clear should I get?” 
I sat on the bed upset. I knew it was all because of Psachini. If she hadn’t disturbed us that night. I wouldn’t have pushed him and he wouldn’t assume all this. 
“Where have I got myself?”
“One moment I feel like Awwing him for how understanding he is being on the other side my god how do I explain him.”
“Generally, guys take the first step and here I am” 
“He took the first step. I ruined it. I’m stupid.”
I got up in a jerk and pallu of saree went down. The saree had been pissing me off since long. I couldn’t even pin it properly as he was already here. I hastily tied it again.
“What’s the whole point?” I nearly shouted 
Rakshit seems to have been standing there since long. 
“I didn’t know you’re changing here” Rakshit said awkwardly.
“No just was in a hurry so didn’t get the time to pin it so it’s annoying me now! It’s ok it keeps on happening with roommates”  she forced a smile and left to change.
Thankfully none of us changed the sleeping settings. We were very much comfortable without the pillows. Rakshit was already sleeping when she came back. 
“He looked tired” Drishti went near him kissed his forehead and slept off near him.
Next day before Drishti could wake up, Rakshit had left for office. She found a note near her side table.
“Have to catch up for all the holidays I recently have been taking. See you in the evening. Have a good day, Drishti!” 
“Have a good day, Drishti! My foot good day”  she repeated like him
“What’s up Di? Mood kyun off hai? Kiski chithi? Oooooo” Divya made a unannounced entry.
Divya took the letter from Drishti’s hand and read it. 
“Aww Di it’s so cute! Why are you sad?” 
“He wants to be friends, Divi! I don’t know what to tell him.. I organised such a romantic dinner yesterday night but all vain. HE WANTS TO BE FRIENDS!”
“What? After a romantic date? What am I missing here?”
“Actually...”
Drishti explained most of her moments and arguments with Rakshit to Divya. Divya calmly listened understanding her sisters frustration.
“OMG you guys kissed!!! But why did you push him?”
“Psachini was seeing us” 
“Uggghh evil lady cannot let us romance also shanti se. Ye kya life hai! Di in this situation, you have made him feel unwanted so you have to only give him a direct hint.”
“But how?” 
“Ummmm...Maybe this time, you kiss him.” 

———


No comments:

Post a Comment