Friday 28 June 2019

MishBir SS - Trust (Chapter 1)

PS- POV in italics

Chapter 1- Out In The Open

It was a very good morning for Maheshwaris. Everything was good with everyone. Mishti’s courtship was going fine. According to Mishti, Kunal was now making efforts which is a positive sign. 
Everyone were at the breakfast table when some a police officer had come to see Mishti. 
“Ji Bakshiji? Aap yahaan ?” Asked Vishambhar 
“Ji. Aapki beti ke hit and run case ki humein kuch footage mili hai. Hum chahte hai ki aap unn gadi walo ko pehchane. Humein doubt the ki ye accident karwaya gaya hai.” Said the officer.
“Ji humein bhi lagta hai ye Naman ne kiya hai. Aap baithye mai sabko bulata hoon agar kisine dekha ho toh. Aap tab tak video laga dijiye.” Said Vishambhar
Everyone gathered and were shocked to see the video. No one could recognise the men as Naman had smartly hired people to do his work for him but the most shocking part was Kunal was no where in the picture. As the family saw Mishti get hit they were all in pain while Mishti watched on to see what actually happened. They saw a worried Abir running to Mishti to save her, picking her up and running to the hospital. As he left, Rajshri reached there and followed.
Everyone was confused. If Abir saved Mishti, why would Abir say Kunal saved Mishti? It was pretty weird for them but they let it go. The whole video did not contain any proof against Naman. It was saddening.

“Are you sure it’s Naman?” Asked the officer
“Ussne muje dhamki bhi di thi.” Rajshri added
“Agar ye ladka mil jaye jisne Mishti ki jaan bachayi toh kuch help ho sakti hai.“ Said the officer
“Hum jaante hai inhe.” Vishambhar instantly Said
“Kya aap abhi unhe bula sakte hai?” Replied the officer
“Hum koshish karte hai.” Said Vishambhar and called Kunal and explained the matter. 
Within 15 minutes Abir and Kunal were at Maheshwari Sadan. Both slightly guilty looked up to the family.
“Vishambhar ji ne pehle kaha tha ki Kunal tha wahan par video mein Abir hai. Kya aap ye explain kar sakte hai?” Officer shooted
“Accident spot pe mai nai mere bhai Abir the. Mishti ko unhe hi bachaya tha. Uss waqt hamari families mein kuch issues the meri wajahse issliye bhai ne kaha agar hum ye kahe toh hamari family relationship theek ho jayegi.” Ended Kunal looking down
To say Maheshwaris were shocked was an understatement. They weren’t expecting something like this from Kunal. He was perfect to them. Turns out the biggest lie came from him. 
The officer straight away looking at Abir asked him details about the accident which Abir mentioned whatever he saw till they reached the hospital. 
“I’ll look more into this matter and get back. If anyone remembers anything that we should know I’m a call away Vishambharji.” Said the officer
“Aapka bahut bahut shukriya.” Smiles Vishambhar
Before anyone could say anything, Mishti came forward to Abir.
“ Maine pucha tha tumse ki kya vo tum the? Tumne kuch nai bataya. Dost kaha phir bhi chupaya. Ek kaam karo aaj bata hi do kya kya chupaya aise waqt ke hisaab se.” Mishti glared at Abir
“Aisi koi baat nai hai Mishti tab sirf baat sambhalne ke liye jhoot kaha tha. Aur mai hamesha itna busy rehta hoon par bhai NGO ke baad waqt nikal hi lete the meri help ke liye. Tumhe Uma ki choices pasand hi nai aati thi. Sirf bhai ke arrangements aache lagte the. Aur mai sirf..” Kunal explained
Mishti cut him in between “ Oh my lord! Bhai ke arrangements. How could I be such a fool after knowing Abir. Vo phool, poetry, that decoration, food, balloons... it was all Abir. I should have known it tum itne badal kaise gaye. Well Kunal, tell me one thing meri courtship tumhare saath hai ya Abir ke saath?” 
Mishti was in tears. It was now unbearable for Abir too. How he wished things were different. How he wished him and Mishti could be together. How he wished he wasn’t in between them right now. 
“Kya keh rai ho Mishti? It think you need to rest” Said Kunal calmly 
“I need to rest? You need to rest and take out time for the people who deserve it. I feel tumhare hisaab de I don’t deserve your time. I wanted to know YOU. I already know Abir if I had to marry him it’s you who I don’t know. You had to be what you are and not what Abir is. You are manipulating my decision. It’s almost like you are showing me Abir and I’m getting Kunal. I don’t want to do this.”  Shouted Mishti
“Mishti...” Kunal started to be cut by Abir
“ I’m sorry Mishti. I understand your point. We manipulated your decision. Unintentionally, but yes. We are sorry.” 
“This is the problem Abir. You guys always speak so much for each other I can’t figure out who is who.” Mishti finally teared up
“We had no wrong intentions.” Abir folded his hands in front of everyone.
Seeing how broken Mishti was at the moment, no one said anything. Kuhu came ahead and gave a disappointing look to both of them and took Mishti to their room. 

Mishti 
I hadn’t expected anything special from this. Knowing Kunal a bit also made me understand that it’s difficult with him. I never had really high hopes from him. But Abir? Mera dost! My everything. I shared everything. How? Why?
After the girls went up the family decided not to react on their explanation as of now and let Mishti decide. The family hoped things would get better in the morning. But after all this they didn’t wish to force Kunal down her throat.
Abir and Kunal left from there guilty, stressed and upset. 
Mishti cried herself to sleep that night. Abir kept on coming to her mind.
“It was him”
“It was always him from the very beginning” 
“Everything was a lie”
“Abir why?” 

Kunal hoped Mishti would be in a better condition to talk tomorrow so they can sort out everything. 

Abir
I couldn’t get sleep. All I could see was her broken trust in me. That’s all I had. Her friendship and her trust which also seems to be lost right now. Why is this happening to me? I cannot be more broken than this. I can’t handle this anymore. I was exhausted of today’s events this ended up crying to sleep. 

Next morning things hadn’t changed much. Mishti didn’t pick up any calls from Kunal. Abir didn’t dare call her. Secretly she wished Abir to call her as to her he was her go to person. She wasn’t his. She was upset regarding that. 

“Tum hi the jispe maine andha vishwas kiya. Hamesha apne dil ki baat kahi. Kya pata tha ki tum hi meri feelings ke saath aise khel jaoge? Abir kyun kiya aisa?” Cried Mishti in her room hugging her pillow tight.  
Kuhu could not believe her eyes. She had definitely seen Mishti cry a lot of times but today she was broken. Her trust was broken. She didn’t realise that her eyes were moist as well. Immediately she called Kunal. 
“Ye sab tumhari family ka drama ab nai chalega. See me ASAP. I don’t want to know anything about your busy schedule.” Said Kuhu in a low yet firm voice.
“I’ll see you in an hour. The cafe outside your house.” Kunal managed to say.

Abir
I was devastated. I have developed feelings for my friend to be married to my brother. Everything is very complicated. Moreover,she believes I broke her trust. How do I make her understand that I simply can’t ? Anyone, but not her.
Finally Abir decided to call Mishti and to his surprise she picked up. 
“Say” Mishti said in a a stern tone
“I want to meet you. Explain you. Give me a chance. I’m sorry.” Abir said almost begging 
“I’ll see you at your spot in an hour.” She replied and kept the phone.

Mishti
I have never been so affected. He said sorry and I feel like crying. His voice made me so much calmer. Why am I hurting Abir in Kunal’s fault. Why does Abir make me so upset while I didn’t even think much about Kunal.
I feel so disturbed, upset and disappointed at the same time. Abir did what his brother told him to do. It’s basically Kunal. Why didn’t I pick his calls? Why Abir? Why Abir? 

“Abir you’re all over my mind and I need answers.”

XXX


It didn’t turn out the way I wanted. Let’s hope for the best in the next chapter. Your comments make me feel like you want to read more so please comment and like and let me know your views. It’s precious to me. 
See you soon.

Ani❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment